- "I would say please but—"
"It gives you a rash."
"That and grilled ormachek."
- ―Ghal Tarpfen and Velko Jahen
Grilled ormachek was a food item that gave the Mon Calamari Ghal Tarpfen a rash. Around 231 BBY, she mentioned it to the Soikan Velko Jahen while joking that saying "please" also resulted in a rash for the Mon Cal.
Behind the scenes
Ormachek was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in the first installment of "Starlight: Past Mistakes," a short story written by Cavan Scott. The story was published in the 205th issue of the Star Wars Insider magazine as part of the Star Wars: The High Republic: Starlight serialized fiction on September 21, 2021.
In the Star Wars Legends continuity, ormachek was first mentioned in the 1996 novel Before the Storm, written by Michael P. Kube-McDowell, where it was also associated with a Mon Calamari: Admiral Gial Ackbar. It then made a full appearance in the 2003 Sony Online Entertainment massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Star Wars Galaxies.
Notes and references
- "Starlight: Past Mistakes"—Star Wars Insider 205–206
- "Starlight: Past Mistakes" takes place several months after the Republic Fair. As the fair occurred one year after the launch of Starlight Beacon according to The High Republic: The Rising Storm, and The Star Wars Book dates that launch to 232 years after the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope—corresponding to 232 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas—"Past Mistakes" must also take place around 231 BBY.
- Before the Storm
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Item: "Ormachek"