System: Orryxia. These small woodland creatures hunt in packs. Due to extraordinarily difficult conditions, I was unable to perform a complete survey of the rather foul creature's role in its local environment."
- ―Personal notes of Wilek Nereus
The Orryxia system was an Outer Rim Territories star system located within the Seswenna sector. The system contained woodlands that were home to orycats, a species of small pack predators. In addition, the sentient feline species known as Orryxians hailed from the Orryxia system, and it was also the origin point of the Orryxian Catsblood beverage.
At some point before his death in 4 ABY, the Imperial Governor Wilek Nereus of the Wild Space planet Bakura visited the Orryxia system, where he obtained several orycat teeth to add to his dental collection. The conditions of the orycats' native woodlands, however, proved too challenging for Nereus to carry out a complete ecological survey of the creatures' habitat, a fact which the governor later documented in his personal notes.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Orryxia system was first mentioned in The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook, published in 1996 by West End Games for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the system within grid square M-18.
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 425 ("Orryxian")
- Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. This article treats the Orryxia system as the location of one such homeworld with regard to the Orryxian species. "I wouldn't get your hopes up re alien homeworlds, beyond simple stuff like the Planetnamian species getting a Planetnamia on the map or things Dan and I can account for with a relatively quick reference."
- The New Essential Chronology
- Bakura system — Based on corresponding data for
- The Essential Atlas