- "Senator Oshadam has been more than adequate, but she was adamant that her time of service has ended, and her timing means that it falls to me to fill her position."
- ―Queen Réillata
Oshadam was a female senator who represented the planet Naboo and the Chommell sector in the Galactic Senate. Following the Invasion of Naboo in 32 BBY, the planet's Senator Sheev Palpatine was elected to the position of Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic, leaving in his wake an empty senatorial seat. Though few politicians were willing to fill this vacancy, Oshadam eventually became Naboo's representative.
By 28 BBY, Oshadam felt that her time of service had come to an end and decided to step down. At the same time, the Queen of the Naboo people, Padmé Amidala, had reached the end of her term and was succeeded by the opera singer and former queen Réillata, who requested that Amidala take Oshadam's place. Following her admission to the Senate, Amidala recognized that Oshadam was a polite individual but one eager to resign, and speculated that her predecessor had grown weary of the Senate's tedious and indecisive proceedings.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Queen's Shadow (First mentioned, simultaneous with Queen's Shadow audiobook)
- Queen's Shadow audiobook (First mentioned, simultaneous with Queen's Shadow)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Queen's Shadow
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The events of Queen's Shadow take place four years after the Invasion of Naboo, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 32 BBY. Therefore, the events of the book, including Oshadam's resignation, must take place in 28 BBY.