Ossus was a planet located in the Auril sector of the Outer Rim Territories that was affiliated with the Jedi Order. Certain scholars surmised it was the location of the first Jedi Temple ever built, although Ahch-To, Coruscant, Jedha, and Tython were also candidates. At the very least, Ossus housed the Great Jedi Library and a temple at some point, from which a mosaic floor was later salvaged and transported to the Order's newer headquarters on Coruscant.
According to the Qel-Droma Epics, Ossus was decimated during the Cron Supernova, when the Sith Lord Naga Sadow triggered stars in the Cron Cluster to become supernovae. The Chronicles of Med'eeth were salvaged from the remains. It was the homeworld of Veris Hydan, a scholar of Jedi and Sith lore who served as advisor to Emperor Palpatine during the time of the Galactic Empire. At some point, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker explored the subterranean ruins of Ossus and discovered the original Rammahgon text, which was thought to have been destroyed over five thousand years beforehand.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Dooku: Jedi Lost (Mentioned only) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Dooku: Jedi Lost script (Mentioned only) (Appears in flashback(s))
- "The End of History"—Star Wars Insider 154 (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Nexus of Power (First pictured)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary