- "Debris approaches the Trymant system! Celestial bodies in the danger zone include Korbatal, Ost Molkar, Taz Molkar, Trymant III, and Trymant IV."
- ―Mari San Tekka
Ost Molkar was a celestial body located in the Trymant binary star system. The star system was positioned in the Western Reaches and Outer Rim Territories regions in square L-20 of the Standard Galactic Grid. Ost Molkar partially shared its name with the Trymant system astronomical object Taz Molkar. Around 232 BBY, during an Emergence of the Great Hyperspace Disaster, Ost Molkar was among several celestial bodies in the Trymant system that were bombarded by the debris of destroyed starships.
Behind the scenes
Ost Molkar was mentioned in "Tales of Villainy: The Gaze Electric," a secondary comic story published in the sixth issue of the 2020 Star Wars Adventures anthology comic-book series. The story was written by Daniel José Older, and the comic issue was published by IDW Publishing on July 7, 2021.
Notes and references
- The High Republic Adventures 1 — Based on corresponding data for the Trymant system
- The High Republic Adventures 1 places the Trymant system, and therefore Ost Molkar, in the area of space Star Wars: The Galactic Explorer's Guide identifies as the Western Reaches.
- "Tales of Villainy: The Gaze Electric"—Star Wars Adventures (2020) 6
- The High Republic: Race to Crashpoint Tower — Based on corresponding data for the Trymant system
- The High Republic Adventures 1 places the Trymant system, and therefore Ost Molkar, in the area of space Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game identifies as grid square L-20 of the Standard Galactic Grid.
- Tales of Villainy: The Gaze Electric takes place during the Star Wars: The High Republic publishing campaign, which places about two-hundred years before the events of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 32 BBY. Therefore, "Tales of Villainy: The Gaze Electric," in which Ost Molkar is mentioned, takes place around 232 BBY.