Otherspace was a pocket dimension beyond both realspace and hyperspace. While it appeared to be a vast expanse of storm-gray nothingness, it did contain colored, swirling nebulae, and stars which were described as "shining holes of darkness."
The Charon species were native to a planet within otherspace, a planet threatened by a nearby black hole. The presence of this interstellar disturbance caused an enormous amount of stress on the Charon's part. Before long, the stress twisted their culture, giving rise to a death-worshiping religion. The members of this cult believed that it was their sacred duty to speed all life toward the Void of Death. After eradicating all of those who were unbelievers—which meant destroying all sentient life—on their homeworld, the Charon developed interstellar travel, and continued their holy mission. Eventually, all that remained in otherspace was a multitude of barren, lifeless planets and a few biologically-engineered Charon starships roaming the void in search of any remaining traces of life.
Otherspace was allegedly a home for the mystical energy known as the Anti-Force; one rumor within the Galaxy was that former Prophet of the Darkside Cronal accessed Otherspace and used the anti-Force to facilitate his return from the dead.
- Otherspace (First appearance)
- Otherspace II: Invasion
- "Laughter After Dark"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 15 (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races, Second Edition
- "From the Files of Corellia Antilles"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 14
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- The Essential Atlas