An otter was a type of creature. One species of otter, the Klepthian rock otter, was native to the Klepthia system in the Expansion Region's Tynna sector. When the rock otters fed on basalt clams, the former chewed intensely on the shells of the latter.
Otters resembled the Tynnans, a bipedal, aquatic, sentient species native to the planet Tynna, also located in the Tynna sector. The Selonians, fur-coated sentients inhabiting the Core Worlds planet Selonia, and the flying bulfusi creature of the Core planet Corulag both also resembled otters. In addition, the Sessehshellah, furred sentients from the planet Shaymore in the Expansion Region's Immerian Outback sector, had the physical features of giant river otters.
Behind the scenes
Otters were first mentioned in "Rings of Bright Water," a roleplaying game adventure seed included in the 1987 first edition rulebook of West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. The adventure idea was authored by Ken Rolston. In the real world, otters are furred aquatic mammals which eat fish and clams.
- Boba Fett: Hunted (Mentioned only)
- (First mentioned)
- Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor
- Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. This article treats the Klepthia system as the location of one such homeworld with regard to the Klepthian rock otter species.
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 271 ("Tynna")
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Boba Fett: Hunted
- The Essential Atlas
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Shaymore system — Based on corresponding data for