An otter was a type of creature. One species of otter, the Klepthian rock otter, was native to the Klepthia system in the Expansion Region's Tynna sector. When the rock otters fed on basalt clams, the former chewed intensely on the shells of the latter.
Otters resembled the Tynnans, a bipedal, aquatic, sentient species native to the planet Tynna, also located in the Tynna sector. The Selonians, fur-coated sentients inhabiting the Core Worlds planet Selonia, and the flying bulfusi creature of the Core planet Corulag both also resembled otters.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor
- Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. This article treats the Klepthia system as the location of one such homeworld with regard to the Klepthian rock otter species. "I wouldn't get your hopes up re alien homeworlds, beyond simple stuff like the Planetnamian species getting a Planetnamia on the map or things Dan and I can account for with a relatively quick reference."
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 271 ("Tynna")
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Boba Fett: Hunted
- The Essential Atlas
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Otters, facts and information. National Geographic. National Geographic Partners, LLC. Archived from the original on April 15, 2020. Retrieved on April 15, 2020.