The outland TIE fighter was a class of TIE line starfighter that was used after the fall of the Galactic Empire during the New Republic Era. It had model-specific landing gear similar to that of the T-65B and T-70 X-wing starfighters flown by the New Republic Defense Fleet. It also featured other accoutrements. The starfighter had two solar collector panel wings with a similar position and shape to the wings of the standard TIE/ln space superiority starfighter that were capable of folding at their center to form a V-shape.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Outland TIE fighter fighter first appeared in the mobile app Star Wars: Card Trader as part of the set Illustrated Outlaws released on October 4, 2019. It is set to appear in the 2019 Disney+ television series The Mandalorian Season One. This TIE model resembles an early concept art by Industrial Light & Magic for Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens.
- Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Illustrated Outlaws - Outland TIE Fighter) (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: The Mandalorian - Action! - Outland TIE Fighter)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Illustrated Outlaws - Outland TIE Fighter)
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: The Mandalorian - Action! - Outland TIE Fighter)
- ↑ The Force Awaken Portfolio. Industrial Light & Magic. Archived from the original on November 15, 2019. Retrieved on November 15, 2019.