Oversector Outer was an Imperial Oversector containing most of the sectors and regions in the Outer Rim, including the Seswenna sector and the Velcar Free Commerce Zone. It was created with the massive expansion of the Greater Seswenna Oversector after the Clone Wars. The Oversector Outer was patrolled by the Outer Rim Imperial Fleet.
A creation recommended by the Tarkin Doctrine, this Oversector composed almost the entirety of the Outer Rim. It was assigned to Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin and, after Tarkin's death, to Grand Moff Ardus Kaine.
After the Battle of Endor, Kaine maintained control over the Outer Rim part of the New Territories and transferred the capital of Oversector Outer from Eriadu to Entralla. With this small part of the Oversector Outer, he formed the Pentastar Alignment in 7 ABY.
Oversector Outer until the Battle of Endor
- Almost all the Imperial worlds in the Outer Rim Territories (excluding worlds in the Bright Jewel and Quelii Oversectors).
Ardus Kaine's Oversector Outer after the Battle of Endor
- Death Star Technical Companion
- Death Star Technical Companion, Second Edition
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide