- "We're coming up on their sentry ships."
- ―Han Solo spots Oxixo and his comrades
Lieutenant Oxixo was a human male who served the Galactic Empire as a TIE fighter pilot during the Galactic Civil War. In 0 BBY, he was flying a TIE/ln space superiority starfighter as a sentry in the Alderaan system when the YT-1300 light freighter known as the Millennium Falcon escaped from the Death Star. Oxixo attacked the Falcon, but was killed when he starfighter was destroyed by the freighter's laser cannons.
- "That's it. We did it."
- ―Luke Skywalker celebrates killing Oxixo and the other pilots
Oxixo was a human male TIE fighter pilot who served in the Starfighter Corps of the Imperial Navy during the Galactic Civil War with the military rank of lieutenant. In 0 BBY, Oxixo was stationed on board the Death Star battle station while it was located in the Alderaan system following its destruction of the planet Alderaan. When the YT-1300 light freighter known as the Millennium Falcon escaped from the Death Star carrying the rebel Princess Leia Organa, Oxixo was piloting one of several TIE/ln space superiority starfighter acting as sentry craft in the Alderaan system.
Four TIEs, including Oxixo's starfighter, attacked the Falcon and managed to score several hits on it, but ultimately Oxixo perished in the attack as all four starfighters were destroyed by the freighter's laser cannons, which were manned by the ship's captain Han Solo and passenger Luke Skywalker.
Oxixo carried an E-11 blaster rifle and wore a black Imperial pilot's uniform with a distinctive silver crest painted on the helmet that distinguished him from other members of his squadron. The helmet also bore his name in High Galactic.
Behind the scenes
Oxixo first appeared in the 1977 original trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Oxixo's closeup in his cockpit was filmed on Stage 8 at Elstree Studios between June 29 and July 16, 1976. The name Oxixo was first used in the Star Wars Legends continuity for an action figure in the "Battle Over Endor" playset released by Hasbro as part of their 2010 Star Wars: The Vintage Collection toy line. The figure was of a TIE fighter pilot bearing Oxixo's distinctive silver helmet crest, but was described by the set's packaging as taking part in the Battle of Endor, making it a distinct character from the pilot who perishes in A New Hope.
In 2015, Hasbro released an action figure labeled as Oxixo in the canon Star Wars: The Black Series line as part of an "Imperial Forces" set sold exclusively by Entertainment Earth. While the set listing on Entertainment Earth's website described Oxixo as flying in at the Battle of Endor, as per his previous figure, the set packaging explicitly identified him as one of the four pilots shot down in the Alderaan system in A New Hope. This article assumes the packaging to be correct.
- The Skywalker Saga (fighter only)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: A New Hope paperback novel (fighter only)
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy (fighter only)
- A New Hope - The Film Novel (fighter only)
- Star Wars: A New Hope Cinestory Comic (fighter only)
- Star Wars in Pictures: The Original Trilogy (fighter only)
- Star Wars Treasury: The Original Trilogy (fighter only)
- Star Wars: A New Hope Disney Die-Cut Classics (fighter only)
- A New Hope Little Golden Book (fighter only)
- "Escape from the Death Star"—Star Wars: A New Hope: 6 stories in 1 (fighter only)
- "Escape from the Death Star"—The Original Trilogy Stories (fighter only)
- (First identified as Oxixo)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded (Picture only)