The PDT-8 Personnel Deployment Transport was a small unarmed utility speeder that was usually automated. The repulsorlift craft featured two open areas that could be used to transport people and cargo within or between installations, two large thrusters on its sides for propulsion, and a tripod mount to stabilize it on the ground.
Behind the scenes
The PDT-8 was part of Kenner's Mini-Rig line. It was discontinued after 1982. Originally the PDT-8 was conceived by Kenner as a transport for droids. It was first called the "DPT-8 Droid Personnel Transport", but the name was changed before the toy was released.
- (First mentioned)
- "Scouting the Galaxy: Just Trying to (Action) Figure It All Out" – Star Wars Insider 30
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references
- PDT-8 at The Star Wars Collectors Archive
- PDT-8 Personnel Deployment Transport (40070) on the Star Wars Merchandise Wiki