The PK-series worker droid was durable and versatile, able to perform basic tasks such as: simple repairs, organize supplies, clean up offices, and inventory cargo. They were very common and retailed for about 1,000 credits. Several could be seen working aboard Saak'ak during the Invasion of Naboo as they maintained the trade federation's flocks of battle droids, droidekas, and vulture droid starfighters. They also did cleanup work in the aftermath of the Battle of Grassy Plains. They were grey and not armed.
A fancier version of the PK was the Royal Naboo PKN-49 worker droid. Additionally, Cybot Galactica used the chassis and many other parts from the PK to build other droids, including the SP-4 and JN-66 analysis droids used in the Jedi Archives in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant and the IM-6 battlefield medical droid used by the Grand Army of the Republic.
- Cloak of Deception
- Star Wars: Obi-Wan
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- The Clone Wars: Headgames
- Boba Fett: Pursuit
- Darth Vader and the Cry of Shadows 2
- Debts to Pay
- (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- The Starhoppers of Aduba-3"—Star Wars Gamer 4 "
- "Star Wars Q&A"—Star Wars Insider 72
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (As "PK unit")
- Threats of the Galaxy