- "The piscine Jedi with the upside-down features looked fearsome!"
- ―An artist, in his journal
Pablo-Jill was a male Ongree Jedi Knight that participated in the First Battle of Geonosis as a part of the Jedi assault team. Pablo-Jill fought alongside the Jedi to free Jedi Knights Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Anakin Skywalker, along with Senator Padmé Amidala from the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Sometime during the Clone Wars, Pablo-Jill's lightsaber was stolen from floating debris by Separatist General Grievous following an intense duel over Duro in a satellite city that left Pablo-Jill injured. Though encouraged by the Jedi Order to take a padawan, Pablo-Jill never chose one.
Behind the scenesEdit
Pablo-Jill is named after a VFX Supervisor and Producer team at Industrial Light & Magic that worked on the 2002 film Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. Pablo-Jill was one of few completely computer-generated characters in the Prequel trilogy. He was one of only three CGI Jedi in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. Because of Pablo-Jill's awkward, bulky form and multi-jointed legs, it was decided that he would look best using computer animation. There was originally some confusion between Pablo-Jill and the Ongree member of the Jedi Council seen in Revenge of the Sith, with early Set Diaries naming the other Ongree Pablo-Jill and later Sweitt Concorkill, though he was eventually named Coleman Kcaj. The character was originally meant to be Pablo-Jill, but because the Ongree in Episode III needed a more detailed CGI model, a new character was created.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (Cut)
- Star Wars: Force Collection
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- Star Wars: Card Trader (First identified as Pablo-Jill)
- Star Wars Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force
- Star Wars: Alien Archive