Pablo Helman (born July 5, 1959) served as ILM digital effects artist on Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace and visual effects supervisor on Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. Additionally, he played Pablo-Jill in Attack of the Clones, and participated in the DVD commentaries for both films.
Helman also served as visual effects supervisor on Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
He was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina on July 5th, 1959. He received a Masters of Arts in Education from Cal Poly Pomona, and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Music Composition from UCLA. Helman joined Industrial Light & Magic in 1996 as a Sabre Department Supervisor. He won an Academy Award in Best Visual Effects for his work in War of The Worlds.
He has worked on the following films in Visual Effects:
- The Last Airbender (2010)
- The Spiderwick Chronicles (2007)
- Munich (2005)
- Jarhead (2005)
- War of the Worlds (2005)
- The Bourne Supremacy (2004)
- The Chronicles of Riddick (2004)
- Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003)
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)
- The Pledge (2001)
- Space Cowboys (2000)
- October Sky (1999)
- Saving Private Ryan (1998)
- Deep Impact (1998)
- Contact (1997)
- Men in Black (1997)
- The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)
- Independence Day (1996)
- Broken Arrow (1996)
He has also appeared as himself on the British TV series The Film Programme.
- Pablo-Jill's name is in tribute to Helman's.
- According to Helman on the Attack of The Clones DVD commentary, the bronzium busts in the Jedi Archives include himself, George Lucas, Rob Coleman, and John Knoll.