- "The Woolamander Palace can be found on Yavin IV. I do not know the history of the place. We have received several reports that affiliates of the Alliance still operate from its ruins from time to time. It can be found in the central area of Yavin IV."
- ―Colonel Darkstone speaking about the Palace of the Woolamander
The Palace of the Woolamander, or Woolamander Palace, was an ancient Massassi temple next to the Temple of the Blueleaf Cluster in the Val'Arnos Jungle of Yavin 4. It was built by Massassi slaves during the Dark Lord Exar Kun's reign in 3997 BBY. He also kept the Golden Globe—a globular device which imprisoned the souls of the children of the Massassi—in a sealed chamber.
During the last centuries of the Galactic Republic, the Kushiban Jedi Master Ikrit came to the Palace and discovered the Golden Globe. Knowing that he was unable to free the trapped souls, he placed himself in a Force trance to wait the arrival of those who would break the curse.
By the time of the Galactic Civil War, it had been reduced to a crumbling ruin and was discovered by the Sullustan naturalist Dr'uun Unnh. He gave the temple its name because he found a pack of woolamanders in the temple during his exploration. These creatures raised a loud, howling alarm when he entered and chased him away by pelting the Sullustan. Due to this and the fact that it was crumbling and falling apart, D'ruun Unnh deemed that the palace held little interest. Around 1 ABY, a year after the Battle of Yavin, there were reported sightings of various members of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, or at the very least affiliates of the group, operating from within the ruins of the palace from time to time, acting as one of the few Rebel bases on the moon since the Rebels were driven out by the Empire, which acted as the reason why it was singled out as one of three possible locations of a prisoner transfer log that Colonel Darkstone dispatched an Imperial unit to retrieve in an attempt to rescue Doctor Bledsoe, the others being the Mokk Stronghold on Dantooine and the Droid Engineer cave on Lok.
In 4 ABY, Yavin IV was made the temporary capital of the New Republic. The palace became the temporary home for the Senate Planetary Intelligence Network, a secret New Republic organization led by Mon Mothma. They presumably rebuilt parts of the palace, to make it more habitable.
In 22 ABY, Jedi trainees Anakin Solo and Tahiri Veila discovered the Palace of the Woolamander during a trek of the jungle surrounding the Jedi Praxeum. They discovered the Golden Globe and Ikrit though they were also unable to break it at first.
Later, during a trip to nearby Yavin 8, the two Jedi discovered ancient carvings within a deep cave indicating its origins. However, before they could do this, the pair had to undergo a test in the deserts of Tatooine. Having survived, Anakin and Tahiri returned to the Palace of the Woolamander and broke the curse, freeing countless trapped Massassi.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance) (Retcon)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- The Glove of Darth Vader
- Junior Jedi Knights: The Golden Globe
- Junior Jedi Knights: Lyric's World (Mentioned only)
- Junior Jedi Knights: Promises
- Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Under Siege
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin (First mentioned)
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe
- The Essential Chronology
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- Star Wars Insider 92
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Strongholds of Resistance