- "I was twelve. His name was Palo. We were both in the Legislative Youth Program. He was a few years older than I… very cute… dark curly hair… dreamy eyes."
- ―Padmé Amidala, to Anakin Skywalker
Palo was a Human male from Naboo who served as a member of the Legislative Youth Program, along with Padmé Amidala. He and twelve-year-old Padmé had a brief relationship. However, they went their separate ways when Palo became an artist and Padmé continued in politics, although he never fully got over her.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
In the MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies, Palo could be found at a gazebo in the city of Moenia on Naboo at the coordinates 4765, -4797. He gave three completable missions, but the text for them was bugged. He was eventually removed from the game by its developers relatively early in the game's lifespan.
The character was originally set to return as Padmé Amidala's love interest for the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "Senate Spy". However, this idea was eventually abandoned when the crew remembered that Palo left politics to become an artist (as mentioned by Amidala in Attack of the Clones). The show's creators also felt that the relationship between Amidala and the "Senate Spy" character had to be more recent than the one between her and Palo, so that the theme of Anakin Skywalker's jealousy would be better supported. Palo was thus replaced by a new character, Rush Clovis.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones novelization (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones comic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The New Essential Guide to Characters (Padmé Naberrie Amidala entry)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia