- "At last the work of generations is complete. The great error is corrected. The day of victory is at hand. The day of revenge. The day of the Sith."
- ―Palpatine's broadcast
Palpatine's broadcast was an audio message of revenge delivered to the galaxy in the year 35 ABY. Prepared for conquest of the galaxy following his death at the Battle of Endor during the Galactic Civil War, Emperor Palpatine, the public identity of the Sith Lord Darth Sidious, announced his revival via this broadcast, publicly declaring his intention for revenge and the return of the Sith.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Palpatine's broadcast was first heard in Fortnite X Star Wars, a collaborative event that took place in the virtual world of Fortnite. It was later canonically mentioned in the 2019 film Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker, the final installment of the Star Wars sequel trilogy. While also featured in the film's novelization, author Rae Carson stated that the broadcast was conceived by someone else, not by her nor the Fortnite developers.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition (First canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
- Fortnite X Star Wars (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Escape"
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker to one year after the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Therefore, the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker must take place in 35 ABY.
- Good, Owen S. (December 20, 2019). The Rise of Skywalker's opening crawl references an event you could only hear in Fortnite. polygon.com. Archived from the original on January 21, 2020.