The entire moon was covered in a gelid ocean consisting of mud in which many different creatures dwelt. The moon was inhabited and had at least one city which catered to many different alien species. The Galactic Empire had a presence on the moon during the Galactic Civil War.
In 0 ABY, Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca crash-landed the Millennium Falcon, transporting an ill Han Solo on the moon. R2-D2, and C-3PO encountered Boba Fett near Panna City when Luke landed his Y-wing there searching for the Falcon's crew. Although Fett at first appeared to be a friend, and helped the droids find a cure for and Solo's illness, which Skywalker had also contracted, at the time, Luke and R2 eventually learned that his intentions were to locate the Rebel base for Darth Vader. Fett escaped via his jetpack after his true intentions were revealed.
The inhabitants of the moon were known for their distinct hotcakes, simply called Panna cakes. This recipe was popular enough to be exported off-world, and served in locations such as Dex's Diner on Coruscant.
- Star Wars: Tiny Death Star (Mentioned only)
- The Essential Guide to Characters (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary
- Aurra Sing: Dawn of the Bounty Hunters
- The New Essential Guide to Characters (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- "A Long Time Ago...."—Star Wars Insider 104 (Picture only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Classic Moment"—Star Wars Insider 106
- "I Have a Bad Feeling About This!"—Star Wars Insider 106
- "I Have a Bad Feeling About This!"—Star Wars Insider Special Edition 2012
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (Mentioned in multiple entries, but without own entry)
- (as red-water moon)
- (First identified as Panna Prime)