- ―Pao's battle cry
Paodok'Draba'Takat Sap'De'Rekti Nik'Linke'Ti' Ki'Vef'Nik'NeSevef'Li'Kek, known shortly as Paodok'Draba'Takat, but most commonly known as Pao, was a male Drabatan soldier who served as a commando in the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War, and took part in the Battle of Scarif. Prior to the Battle of Scarif, Corporal Pao carried out a demolitions job on Foerost where he took out a communications tower similar to the one on Scarif. He was killed during the Battle of Scarif, along with the rest of Rogue One.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Paodok'Draba'Takat Sap'De'Rekti Nik'Linek'Ti' Ki'Vef'Nik'Ne Sevef'Li'Kek."
- ―Pao when asked his full name
Behind the scenesEdit
According to Lunt Davies, Pao originated from a sketch for a character in the 2015 film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens who never made it into the final cut. He was originally designed with long spiky hair and a large mouth. When it was decided to use the character for Rogue One, it was concluded that his look didn't fit with the military angle, so Davies replaced Pao's hair with a kind of kepi but he opted to keep his big mouth. Eventually, director Gareth Edwards liked the idea to use Pao in the Battle of Scarif.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Star Wars: Force Arena
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Secret Mission
- Rogue One Adaptation 4
- Rogue One Adaptation 5