Paploo was an Ewok from the forest moon of Endor. He was the son of Bozzie, the nephew of Chief Chirpa, and a close friend of Wicket W. Warrick. He had cinnamon-colored fur and wore a smooth stone in the center of his hood. He was a boisterous, sometimes foolhardy, Ewok, especially in his youth.
When he was a younger warrior in Bright Tree Village, Paploo often got into mischief with Wicket, Teebo, Latara and his cousin, Kneesaa. Some of his adventures include protecting the Soul Trees from a forest fire, playing the forbidden game, "drop-the-sack" and helping rescue Latara from the clutches of the Duloks. Paploo was somewhat arrogant and boastful, but brave and courageous nonetheless. He often carried and played a horn. Paploo later accompanied Wicket and Kneesaa in investigating Agluk's claims that his village had been enslaved by Skull-heads and that the Griagh had been unleashed, although he was caught in Logray's magic when he investigated their presence, resulting in his being left behind.
Paploo also played an instrumental role in the Battle of Endor; while the Rebel strike team was trying to work out a plan to infiltrate the bunker which housed the shield generator protecting the second Death Star, Paploo stole one of the guards' speeder bikes, thus creating a diversion and giving the Rebel forces an opportunity to strike (although the Rebels initially grew concerned with Paploo's actions, fearing that this would end up exposing their presence to the Imperials).
After the battle, when Logray was ousted as Bright Tree Village's medicine man, Paploo was appointed as his replacement by Chief Chirpa. When the angry old shaman placed a curse on the village, Paploo enlisted "The Golden One" (C-3PO) for a cleansing ritual which ended the curse.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, Paploo was portrayed by Kenny Baker, who also portrayed R2-D2. Baker was originally supposed to play Wicket, but Warwick Davis, an 11-year-old boy who had charmed the staff, took the role instead. Paploo was voiced by Paul Chato in the first season of Ewoks.
- How the Ewoks Saved the Trees: An Old Ewok Legend
- Ewoks 2: Rites of Power (Picture only)
- Ewoks 5: The Terrible Machine
- Ewoks—"The Cries of the Trees"
- Ewoks—"The Haunted Village"
- Ewoks—"Rampage of the Phlogs"
- Ewoks—"The Travelling Jindas"
- Ewoks—"The Tree of Light"
- Ewoks—"The Curse of the Jindas"
- Ewoks—"The Land of the Gupins"
- Ewoks—"Wicket's Wagon"
- Ewoks—"The Three Lessons"
- Ewoks—"Blue Harvest"
- Ewoks—"Princess Latara" (Picture only)
- Ewoks—"The Totem Master"
- Ewoks—"Night of the Stranger"
- Ewoks—"A Warrior and a Lurdo"
- Ewoks—"Baga's Rival" (Picture only)
- Ewoks—"Horville's Hut of Horrors"
- Ewoks—"Bringing Up Norky" (Picture only)
- Ewoks—"Malani the Warrior"
- Ewoks—"Battle for the Sunstar"
- Star Wars: Ewoks—Shadows of Endor
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel (First appearance)
- The Ewoks Join the Fight
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (Non-canonical appearance)
- "Marooned"—Star Wars Tales 22
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Coloring Book (Max Rebo) (Picture only)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Coloring Book (1984) (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
- Droids\Ewoks (Picture only)
- Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi, Second Edition
- "Meet Wicket!"—Star Wars Kids 6
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- "Where Ewoks Go to Retire"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 7
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- C-3PO: Tales of the Golden Droid
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: Eee Chu Wawa!)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: Paploo)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 109 (EWO11, Ewok Hunting Techniques) (Picture only)
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- "The Ultimate Return of the Jedi Insider's Guide"—Star Wars Insider 67
- "A Long Time Ago...."—Star Wars Insider 107
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Ground Assault (Card: Rebel infiltrator speeder bikes)
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- "25 Years of Return of the Jedi!"—Star Wars Insider 105
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 11
- "Toy Wars"—Star Wars Insider 107
- "Warriors of Endor"—Star Wars Insider 110
- "Inside Artoo!"—Star Wars Insider 111
- "Ask Lobot"—Star Wars Insider 117
- "Proto Power!"—Star Wars Insider 128