- "In terms of sheer beauty, the Flandorian flower floats were a definite highlight, and the tamed herd of giant lumbering wombacks from Parada made a definite impression on the crowd."
- ―A news report by Coruscant Daily NewsFeed
Parada was an agriworld located in the Parada system of the Hadar sector, a part of the Western Reaches portion of the Mid Rim. The Senex Trace hyperlane linked it to the Rindao system as well as the Bortras system of the Outer Rim Territories' Brema sector.
Parada was home to wombacks, a species of giant herbivorous herd creatures that could only be tamed if separated from their herds as newborns. Womback hides and meat were exported off Parada, as was a variety of grains. The nobles of the neighboring Senex sector were interested in the potential use of wombacks for food and sport.
In 1 ABY, a herd of tamed wombacks from Parada was presented on Coruscant, the capital planet of the Galactic Empire located in the Core Worlds, as part of the Shaldania Parade, the opening ceremony of that year's New Year Fete Week.
Behind the scenesEdit
Parada was first mentioned in the "Galaxywide NewsNets" feature of the West End Games' Star Wars Adventure Journal 8, which was published in November 1995. The feature was authored by Paul Sudlow. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the world in grid square L-17.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ The in-universe news report mentioning Parada in "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8 is set on the date 37:F1:1, which corresponds to 1 ABY, per the reasoning here.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8