A parasite was a creature that lived off another (the host) usually by feeding off it or literally living on or within its body. An example of a parasite was the orbalisk. Mynocks were considered parasites by many pilots for their habit of attaching themselves to starships to feed on power cables. Another case of parasitic life was the sarlacc breeding habit: a male would attach itself to a female like a parasite and feed its sperm into the female. The Lamproids of Florn were descended from intestinal parasites who had evolved to become sentient predators in their own right.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters" (Mentioned as an insult)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Legacy of Terror"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brain Invaders"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Orders" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- "Wildfire"—The Kathol Outback
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook
- "A Free-Trader's Guide to the Planets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
[edit | edit source]
- Parasite on Wikipedia