- "He's a Parwan. His blood can take the electrolytic serum."
- ―"Rako Hardeen," on Derrown
Biology and Appearance[edit | edit source]
- "They fill themselves up with some kind of gas and float around grabbing stuff with their tentacles. It looks ridiculous."
- ―Cad Bane on the Parwans
Parwans are a sentient species with long tentacle like feet appendages and fingers. They possess three eyes, a mushroom shaped head, three fingers, and four leg tentacles. Among the notable abilities of Parwans are their ability to "float," produce electrical fields, and depending on the blood type, able to withstand electrolytic serum. Although certain Parwans such as Gubacher were able to speak Galactic Basic, Derrown did not.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- "Derrown's design stems back to a piece of artwork done by Ron Cobb for an odd and colorful cantina alien for Episode IV that was never created. The original piece describes the alien as a tropical, ambulatory plant, while the final alien is more of a sentient gasbag."
- ―The Box Trivia Gallery
The Parwan species first appeared in "The Box," the seventeenth episode of the canon animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' fourth season, which originally aired on February 3, 2012. Its design was based upon an unused cantina alien developed by Ron Cobb for Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Box" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo"
- "Bane's Story"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brothers"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- Shadow Fall (Mentioned only)