The First Order's Starkiller Base superweapon was patrolled by many units of a spherical, white plated model of patrol droid around thirty years after the Battle of Endor. These droids were equipped with a long-range communications antenna, which protruded from the top of their spherical bodies. While infiltrating Starkiller Base during the Battle of Starkiller Base, the Resistance fighters Han Solo, Chewbacca and Finn avoided a patrol droid moving through the exterior regions of the base. The droid's sensors failed to pick them up due to the heavy snow and forest cover the three were hidden behind and a thermal distorter that Chewbacca was carrying which masked their heat signatures.
Behind the scenesEdit
The First Order's patrol droids first appeared in the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which was released in 2015. They were not named in the film, but were identified as patrol droids in the reference book Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization (First identified as patrol droid, simultaneous with Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as patrol droid, simultaneous with Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded