- "After a few years working staff and freelance for various studios in LA, I got the opportunity to work on some Saturday Morning Star Wars-based series for Lucasfilm. The restrictions were very tight on animation then, and while I enjoyed working at beautiful Skywalker Ranch in Marin County, I was sorry we were not able to cut loose and really do a Star Wars-style action show. I got my wish years later when I scripted several episodes of the new Clone Wars series, so I guess it all evened out."
- ―Paul Dini
Paul Dini (born August 7, 1957) is an American television writer who worked on the animated series Droids, Ewoks and The Clone Wars. He wrote episodes of all three, served as associate producer of Droids and Ewoks, and was a story editor on Ewoks.
Dini is best known for his work on several successful Warner Bros./DC Comics series, including Tiny Toon Adventures, Batman: The Animated Series and Superman: The Animated Series. He has earned five Emmy awards for his animation work. He lives in Los Angeles, California and is married to magician and voice actor Misty Lee.
He has earned five Emmy awards for his animation work. He received the Writers Guild of America (WGA) Animation Writing award in 2000 and a second WGA award for dramatic television writing in 2006. Dini is also a three-time winner of the animation industry's Annie Awards and has won seven comics-industry Eisner Awards and three Harvey Awards.
Biography[edit | edit source]
In 1984, Dini was hired to work for George Lucas on several of his animation projects. He contributed to various episodes of the Ewoks animated series, several of which included rare appearances from the Empire.
Dini wrote The Clone Wars episodes "Cloak of Darkness," "Holocron Heist" and "Voyage of Temptation," and was asked to help with further episodes, but turned the offer down because of his work on another project at the time. He found writing for The Clone Wars to be less restricted than for Droids and Ewoks.
Star Wars bibliography[edit | edit source]
- Ewoks—"The Cries of the Trees"
- Ewoks—"The Haunted Village"
- Ewoks—"Rampage of the Phlogs"
- Ewoks—"Sunstar vs. Shadowstone"
- Ewoks—"Wicket's Wagon"
- Ewoks—"Blue Harvest"
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Frozen Citadel"
- Ewoks—"The Crystal Cloak"
- Ewoks—"Princess Latara"
- Ewoks—"A Gift for Shodu"
- Ewoks—"Night of the Stranger"
- Ewoks—"The First Apprentice"
- Ewoks—"Horville's Hut of Horrors"
- Ewoks—"Battle for the Sunstar"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cloak of Darkness"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voyage of Temptation"
- "Added Muscle"—From a Certain Point of View
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Paul Dini on Wikipedia
- JingleBelle.com, the official homepage for Jingle Belle and Paul Dini
- Paul Dini's Blog