- "Peel, what do you think you're doing?"
- ―Commander Cody, to an infected Peel
"Peel" was the nickname of a clone trooper who served in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. Peel served in the 212th Attack Battalion under Clone Commander CC-2224 "Cody" and Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi. During a mission to Bray, Peel accompanied Commander Cody along with Jedi Generals Kenobi and Adi Gallia where he was then infected by a vampiric creature, but later returned to his former self when Lord Ravna was defeated.
Mission to BrayEdit
- "Are you alright, Peel?"
"Nnn…Just a scratch, sir. Nothing to worry about"
- ―Peel, and Commander Cody after Peel was injured
"Peel" was the nickname of a clone made from the bounty hunter Jango Fett on the planet Kamino to serve in the Galactic Republic. During the Clone Wars, Peel served in the Grand Army of the Republic's 212th Attack Battalion, and accompanied Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi General Adi Gallia, and Clone Commander CC-2224 "Cody" on a mission to the planet Bray.
Infected on BrayEdit
- "Thank you, Commander. Secure Trooper Peel until we can find a cure."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, to Commander Cody
While they were on Bray, an vampiric creature began to sabotage the village's power. Peel and the others attempted to fight off the creature, but their blasters were ineffective. Peel, in an effort to defeat the beast, approached with a thermal detonator, but was hit and scratched. Jedi General Gallia used the Force to move the thermal detonator away, which exploded, resulting in the beast retreating to the Citadel of Light.
Moments later, as the Jedi and Cody were in their shuttle planning their next move, they noticed that the power was disturbed. They moved to the cargo area of the shuttle, where they witnessed Peel damaging the electric systems. After Commander Cody asked what he was doing, Peel turned around, showing the others that he was infected and no longer Peel but rather a vicious vampiric beast. After a struggle with Kenobi, Peel was stunned and rendered unconscious.
The Jedi find a cureEdit
- "Dooku, you can't! Millions will die if you go through with this!"
"Millions of clones, General. I believe one from your own battalion has already been turned."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Count Dooku
Knowing that they had to find a cure for Peel and the rest of the infected Brayans, Kenobi ordered Commander Cody to secure Peel until they could find a cure in the Citadel of Light. Upon arriving, the Jedi encountered Separatist Alliance leader Count Dooku, and accused him of attacking the Brayans. Dooku denied their accusations, and introduced them to Lord Ravna, who attacked them. Dooku revealed his plans with Ravna to unleash an infestation on the galaxy, and Kenobi pleaded with him by stating that millions would die. Dooku rebutted that millions of clones would die, and revealed that he knew Peel was already turned. Eventually, upon witnessing Dooku's abilities, Ravna decided to attack him. Dooku, now slightly turned, used the dark side of the Force to prevent himself from fully converting, and used his powers to fight Ravna. Kenobi and Gallia escaped and tried to bring down the Citadel, but was destroyed by an explosion from Dooku and Ravna's fight. Ravna's curse on the infected broke after his defeat, and Peel returned to his normal self.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Let's see it swallow a thermal detonator."
"No, Peel! Don't get too close!"
- ―Peel and Obi-Wan Kenobi while attacking a vampiric creature
Peel, as a clone of Jango Fett, was a male human. He was 1.83 meters tall and had naturally black hair along with tan skin. When Peel was infected, he turned into a vampiric creature and had brown fur, sharp teeth, pointed ears, and red eyes. Peel's entire body changed into the creature, but was restored to his former self once Ravna was defeated.
Skills and abilitiesEdit
- "Peel! He's been infected!"
- ―Commander Cody, to the others
Peel, as a clone trooper, was trained in combat and warfare. While on Bray, Peel did not hesitate to attack the vampiric creature, but came too close and was injured as a result. While he was infected and turned into a vampiric creature, he chewed on electric cables and was vicious, attacking anyone nearby.
Behind the scenesEdit
Peel first appeared in the 2018 canon comic Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader's Castle 2, which was authored by Cavan Scott and pencilled by both Derek Charm and Kelley Jones. In the final panel depicting Peel, the markings of his unit are not present, inconsistent with the rest of his armor's depiction in the comic which had the markings.
- Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader's Castle 2 (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 clone troopers are from Kamino, are human clones, are males, are 1.83 meters tall, have naturally black hair, have tan skin, and serve the Galactic Republic and its Grand Army. Peel is a clone trooper, according to Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader's Castle 2. established that all
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader's Castle 2