Biology and appearanceEdit
Pelikki were a non-sentient bird species from the planet Naboo. Closely related to ducks, they were characterized by a long bill, a gular pouch, two large feet, and two functional wings. Their plumage could be grayish-green. A pelikki's head, perched atop a long, curved neck, sported eyes and three fleshy growths on the upper parts.
During the Invasion of Naboo by the Trade Federation in 32 BBY, a flock of pelikki lived in an estuary of the Solleu River in the city of Theed, near the Royal Palace. When a Gungan bongo submarine transporting two Jedi bobbed to the surface, causing a loud rush of bubbles, those pelikki panicked and took flight.
Pelikki in the galaxyEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
The pelikki first appeared in the 1999 movie Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, in which they were not named. In canon, they were first identified in the 2017 reference book Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia, although the name originated in the 2012 Legends book Star Wars: The Phantom Menace: The Expanded Visual Dictionary.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Cold (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (carving)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (First identified as pelikki)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars: Alien Archive
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- ↑ Adventures in Wild Space: The Cold
- ↑ Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ Star Wars: The Phantom Menace: The Expanded Visual Dictionary