History[edit | edit source]
- "You were warned not to harm any of the Pendretronics employees."
- ―Captain Baize, to a spacer
After the Battle of Yavin, an engineer by the name Shobbo Durron designed a power cell that was more efficient and potentially cheaper to manufacture than those on the market. Circa 1 ABY, Kazic Pendre stole Durron's design notes and her schematic for the benefit of his own company. Kazic Durron later hired a spacer to recover her power cell schematic from Pendre. The spacer thus entered the Pendretronics headquarters and sliced Kazic Pendre's data terminal, successfully recovering the data.
Around the same time, the Corellian Security Force started an investigation against the Chirq Council following the increase of ryll traffic on Corellia. Captain Vitala Baize led the investigation and discovered that Kazic Pendre was part of the criminal organization. A spacer working for Captain Baize killed Pendre soon after.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Pendretronics appeared in the 2003 video game Star Wars Galaxies, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011. Pendretronics was added to the game with the update named "Chapter 1: The Corellian Captives", published on June 8, 2006.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "The Chirq Council: Assumed Identity" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "The Stolen Power Cell Schematic" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "The Chirq Council: Seek Council" on Corellia