Produced by Tostovin Munitions, the percussive cannon was an oversized weapon considered the latest in black market technology. Equipped with a reinforced kinetic channeler in the barrel, with a recoil counterweight calibrator built into the stock, the weapon was also equipped with a targeting sight - considered unnecessary given the blast radius of the weapon's particularly explosive blaster bolts. Despite the weapon's size, smaller sawn-off percussive cannons that lacked a stock also existed.
JND-41 percussive cannons with a black finish and gold accents were carried by the Hylobon Enforcers, the security forces of Dryden Vos. Toht Ra, the attendant on Vos' yacht First Light, was one of the Hylobons who used a percussive cannon.
Behind the scenes
Percussive cannons first appeared as props in the movie Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens which was released in 2015. The weapons were not identified in the film but received a name in Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 6
- Bounty Hunters 18 (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel (First identified as percussive cannon, simultaneous with Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel audiobook
- The Force Awakens Adaptation 2
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 52 (Helmets: The Guavian Death Gang)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary