Produced by Tostovin Munitions, the percussive cannon was an oversized weapon considered the latest in black market technology. Equipped with a reinforced kinetic channeler in the barrel, with a recoil counterweight calibrator built into the stock, the weapon was also equipped with a targeting sight - considered unnecessary given the blast radius of the weapon's particularly explosive blaster bolts. Despite the weapon's size, smaller sawn-off percussive cannons that lacked a stock also existed.
JND-41 percussive cannons with a black finish and gold accents were carried by the Hylobon Enforcers, the security forces of Dryden Vos. Toht Ra, the attendant on Vos' yacht First Light, was one of the Hylobons who used a percussive cannon.
Behind the scenesEdit
Percussive cannons first appeared as props in the movie Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens which was released in 2015. The weapons were not identified in the film but received a name in Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 6
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel (First identified as percussive cannon, simultaneous with Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary)
- The Force Awakens, Part II
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as percussive cannon, simultaneous with Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel)
- Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: Aemon Gremm's Tostovin Munitions JND-41 Percussive Cannon)