A personal energy shield was a modified droideka deflector shield developed by the Galactic Empire to minimize ground casualties. The energy field projected from the device protected its user from blaster bolts, however, it provided no protection against kinetic weapons such as grenades and slugthrowers. Although the personal shield was developed by the Empire, the Alliance to Restore the Republic saw the technology useful to their cause and also began to utilize it throughout the Galactic Civil War.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Queen's Shadow (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Counterattack"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies"
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 11
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars: Commander
- Darth Vader 4
- Bounty Hunters 3 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: A Galaxy at War
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 13 (Weapons & Uniforms: The Gungan Grand Army)
- Gadgets and Gear