A personal energy shield was a defensive technology that projected a field of energy that protected the user from blaster fire, the elements, or other hazards. Most were small enough to be worn on a belt or arm, or were designed to be held much like a traditional physical shield.
A droideka deflector shield was developed by the Galactic Empire to minimize ground casualties. The energy field projected from the device protected its user from blaster bolts, however, it provided no protection against kinetic weapons such as grenades and slugthrowers. Although the personal shield was enhanced by the Empire, the Alliance to Restore the Republic saw the technology useful to their cause and also began to utilize it throughout the Galactic Civil War.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Queen's Shadow (Mentioned only)
- Queen's Shadow audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Counterattack"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies"
- Darth Vader (2017) 11
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars: Commander
- Darth Vader (2020) 4
- Bounty Hunters 3 (Mentioned only)
- The Book of Boba Fett
- Choose Your Destiny: A Maz's Castle Mission
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: A Galaxy at War
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 13 (Weapons & Uniforms: The Gungan Grand Army)
- Gadgets and Gear