A personal energy shield was a modified droideka deflector shield developed by the Galactic Empire to minimize ground casualties. The energy field projected from the device protected its user from blaster bolts, however, it provided no protection against kinetic weapons such as grenades and slugthrowers. Although the personal shield was developed by the Empire, the Alliance to Restore the Republic saw the technology useful to their cause and also began to utilize it throughout the Galactic Civil War.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Queen's Shadow (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Counterattack"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies"
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars: Commander
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 11