- "Well, I don't know about you lot, but enough with the chatter. I'm going to be the first to get my crystal and get out of here."
Petro was a human male Jedi youngling who served the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars. Prior to the end of the conflict, he participated in an ancient Jedi rite of passage, known as The Gathering, to find a kyber crystal—the key component to the lightsaber he would construct after his visit to the planet Ilum.
- "A crystal you have found—water, you have brought."
"But that's impossible! It was my crystal, I was sure of it."
"So certain, were you? Go back, and closer you must look."
- ―Yoda and Petro
Being amongst the top of his class, Petro was one of six Jedi younglings (along with Ganodi, Byph, Katooni, Zatt and Gungi) selected to travel to the sacred planet Ilum to take part in the ancient Jedi ritual known as The Gathering.
Following the successful nature of the Gathering, Petro and his fellow younglings returned to the Crucible, where Petro demonstrated a technique, seemingly of his own invention that he described as the Whirlwind of Destiny. Under the guidance of Professor Huyang, an Architect droid who had been teaching Jedi how to build a lightsaber for more than a thousand years, He showed different models of lightsabers and asked them to visualize what kind of lightsaber they wanted to build so that they could complete the construction of their lightsaber. Petro was the first one to finish building his saber and told Zatt that with his lightsaber, he would challenge Obi-Wan Kenobi to a duel and kill General Grievous. But after Huyang examined it, He noted that that the only person that Petro would kill would be himself as Petro incorrectly assembled his lightsaber because he inverted the emitter matrix which would cause the power grid to backfire. Huyang stated that if Petro tried to activate his lightsaber now that the only thing that would be left of him and his lightsaber would be his Crystal. Huyang told Petro to start over and to follow the diagram.
Rescuing Ahsoka TanoEdit
Duel in the TempleEdit
- "Look Out!"
- ―Petro to Anakin Skywalker
Petro, along with some of his fellow younglings were outside of the temple training with their lightsabers under Jedi Master Tera Sinube, when they witnessed a duel between Anakin Skywalker and Barriss Offee, who was the real culprit behind the Bombing of the Jedi Temple hangar and the framing of Ahsoka Tano. When Barriss kicked Anakin off the roof of a building they were dueling on, he fell to where the Younglings were training. Master Sinube immediately activated his lightsaber to defend himself and the younglings if need be. Petro quickly warned Anakin to look out when Barriss leaped down to strike at Anakin. Anakin was able then to defeat Barriss and take her into custody.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gathering" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Test of Strength"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Wrong Jedi"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destiny" (Vision to Yoda)
- Ahsoka (Indirect mention only)
- Pirate's Price (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)