Phaeda was a planet in the Outer Rim Territories, with two rocky moons. Of little strategic or commercial importance, its Imperial garrison was corrupt, and so the planet provided haven for many smugglers, thieves and other fringers. This led to diverse species finding a home on the planet, in addition to the many Human inhabitants.
History[edit | edit source]
- "This was Phaeda, after all. On a bad day it made Nar Shaddaa look classy."
- ―Boba Fett's thought's of Phaeda
During the Old Republic era, Phaeda has it own defense fleet that patrolled the system. During the Mandalorian Wars, the Republic recruited militias on the planet to fight the Mandalorians. The Carrick family lived on the planet by that time and Jedi Zayne Carrick was from the world. In 3962 BBY, Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders attacked the space station Phaedacomm at the edge of the Phaeda system. Although former Jedi Dorjander Kace tried to capture it without unnecessary bloodshed, the Mandalorians killed the entire station staff. The seizure of Phaeda comm cut off all communications of the planet Dantooine. The Jedi Enclave on Dantooine was later targeted by the Mandalorians.
Kir Kanos passed through this planet in 11 ABY, killing a number of Imperial officers and stormtroopers in a tapcafe there. He connected up with Tem Merkon and the local New Republic forces. His presence attracted the attention of Carnor Jax, who brought his personal troops to the planet to capture him. In an effort to avoid scrutiny of his corrupt activities, the local commander, Colonel Xexus Shev, endeavored to capture Kanos and destroy the rebel base. In a fierce battle his troops were destroyed, but the rebels were forced to retreat to their mountain base in the Collo Fauale Pass.
When Carnor Jax arrived, he executed Shev for his failure and took personal command. Capturing the rebel leader, he discovered that Kanos had left for Yinchorr. Departing to catch him, the Imperial troops attacked the rebels a second time. Their base was heavily damaged before the arrival of invading New Republic forces commanded by General Wedge Antilles. His forces included the Executor-class Star Dreadnought Lusankya and the elite Rogue Squadron.
The world was conquered during the Yuuzhan Vong War by the invading Yuuzhan Vong. Toward the end of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion the Imperial Remnant liberated Phaeda and assumed control of the world.
Phaeda had a law that when a resident died without a will, all their property of value was held in storage by the Registry of Testaments and Legacies until someone with a claim could pay to have it released. In 40 ABY, Boba Fett and Mirta Gev discovered that a carbonite slab containing Sintas Vel was part of the estate of a gangster named Hidu Rezodar. The pair arranged to have the slab released into their custody. By that time, Phaeda had gained a habit of making Nar Shaddaa look classy.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Knights of the Old Republic 12: Reunion, Part 2 (Indirect mention only)
- Knights of the Old Republic: War 1 (Mentioned only)
- Knights of the Old Republic: War 2 (Mentioned only)
- Knights of the Old Republic: War 3
- Crimson Empire (First appearance)
- Crimson Empire II: Council of Blood (Mentioned only)
- N.R.I. Reports (Mentioned only)
- Hard Currency (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Revelation
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Handbook 2: Crimson Empire
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Handbook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 131
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook