The Phase II dark trooper was the second and main stage of the Dark Trooper Project.
Each droid was equipped with the external elements such as the suit, a jump pack, and an assault cannon capable of firing 400 plasma shells and 20 missiles before reloading. It was also capable of being loaded into hyperspace pods for transportation.
The Phase II dark trooper was intended to be used either as an artificially intelligent droid or exoskeleton—either way, it was extremely effective in battle. A small number of these soldiers destroyed a Rebel base on Talay.
Though most droids were shut down after the destruction of Arc Hammer, some of these troopers remained in operation throughout the Galactic Civil War. They would later be seen during the New Republic's attack on Coruscant.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption, these droids can only be created on a planet if Arc Hammer is placed above that specific planet. They were also featured in some of the story missions.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars: Dark Forces (First appearance)
- "Sand Blasted"—Star Wars Tales 4
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith (Head only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 33 (MIL5-6, Military Droids)
- Star Wars Miniatures: Champions of the Force
- Rebellion Era Sourcebook
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption Expansion: Prima Official Game Guide
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Join Us or Die (Card: The Second Phase)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Join Us or Die (Card: Dark Trooper Legion)
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide