- "As long as everybody behaves, this will be quick and painless. Do nothing, and it will all be over soon."
"I don't know who you think you are, but I, for one, have no intention of listening to this kind of insolence."
- ―Cad Bane and Philo, just before the latter is shot by the former
Philo was a Gran male senator who served in the Galactic Senate during the Clone Wars. He was one of the senators who opposed the Enhanced Privacy Invasion Bill and called a meeting in the lobby to discuss it, unaware that bounty hunters were in the Senate too. He was killed during bounty hunter Cad Bane's raid on the Senate.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Philo was a male Gran member of the Galactic Senate during the Clone Wars. He was friends with Padmé Amidala and Bail Organa. During the war, Philo called a meeting with some of his fellow senators to discuss the Enhanced Privacy Invasion Bill, and hoped to stop the vote. None of the Senators knew, however that Cad Bane and a group of bounty hunters had infiltrated the Senate building. While in their discussion, Bane entered the lobby and let out two gunshots, causing the Senators to look round in surprise. Bane said they were now his prisoners. Philo scoffed, saying he refused to be part of this mockery and went to leave. Bane then shot the Gran in the back, killing him with the single shot. His body remained there when the hunters set explosive charges to kill the other senators if they moved. Bane then left, the first part of his mission a success. Bane succeeded in breaking Ziro Desilijic Tiure out of prison using the senate hostages to bargain. He then went to detonate the charges, but Anakin Skywalker was able to save them in time by cutting a hole in the floor. Philo's body was destroyed in the explosion. He was the only senator to die during the hostage crisis.
Personality and Traits[edit | edit source]
Philo wanted to stop the invasion bill from being voted on and had a mindset similar to his fellow senator, Padmé Amidala. He showed no fear in standing up to Cad Bane, which ended up in Bane shooting and killing him, in a show of force so no more senators would speak up against him.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lightsaber Lost" (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Mandalore Plot" (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis" (First appearance)
- "Hostage Crisis"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Collapse of the Republic
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of "ARC Troopers" to 21 BBY and the events of "Nightsisters" to 20 BBY. As the episode "Hostage Crisis" takes place between the two episodes according to , Philo's death must take place between those two years.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis"