The Phirmists were a Force-based religious organization found throughout the galaxy. One notable Phirmist was Guch Ydroma, who claimed to have been touched by the Phirmist god during a desert pilgrimage on Jedha, allegedly giving him the ability to conjure water from the air. Another member, Marn, ran an orphanage at the Phirmist temple on Durkteel, and she notably housed Mattis Banz, a Force-sensitive boy who joined the Resistance against the First Order.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Phirmists were invented by Ben Acker and Ben Blacker for use in Join the Resistance. In an interview on episode 56 of comedian Matt Gourley's podcast "I Was There Too", Acker and Blacker stated that they named it after their friend, comedian and musician Mike Phirman, one of several tuckerizations of their friends in the book.
- Guardians of the Whills (Mentioned only)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- "Grounded"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
- Join the Resistance (Appears in flashback(s))
- Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Phirmist)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy From A To Z