- "I joined six months ago, off Phorsa Gedd."
- ―Vifra, to Hazram Namir
Phorsa Gedd was a terrestrial body in the Mid Rim which had factory-deserts. The Imperial soldier Vryant served at the trenches for two years. The Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry also fought on Phorsa Gedd as a part of the Alliance's campaign into the Mid Rim. Members of the company remembered the battle sometime after, in 3 ABY.
Description[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- "Six years on Herdessa, two in the trenches of Phorsa Gedd before I was shipped here."
- ―Vryant reflects on his service with the Empire
During the time of the Galactic Empire, the Imperial soldier Vryant served two years among trenches on Phorsa Gedd before being reassigned to a garrison on the colony world Mrinzebon. Around the year 1 ABY, the Rebel Alliance began a campaign into the Mid Rim which lasted nine months. During the campaign, the Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry, better known as Twilight Company, fought at Phorsa Gedd's factory-deserts. When the campaign failed and the Alliance began withdrawing from the Mid Rim, the Twilight Company was redeployed to a number of locations it had fought on just months before and the engineer Vifra joined the company off of Phorsa Gedd between 2 ABY and 3 ABY.
In 3 ABY, Hazram Namir, a First Sergeant in Twilight Company reflected on the fighting on Phorsa Gedd, which he remembered vividly, in his mind when looking back on the failed Mid Rim campaign while on the planet Haidoral Prime. Shortly before the Battle of Hoth that same year, Namir reminisced the battle his comrades Beak and Roja on the planet Hoth. Following the Siege of Inyusu Tor, Carver, another member of Twilight Company who had served on Phorsa Gedd, told stories of the latter battle while in a cantina in the Sullust's capital city Pinyumb. Several weeks after the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY, the New Republic pilots Wyl Lark and Nath Tensent told stories of their worst nights in the wilderness, one of them described spending evenings in the factory-deserts of Phorsa Gedd.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company)
- Alphabet Squadron (Mentioned only)
- Alphabet Squadron audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Alphabet Squadron
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- The section of Battlefront: Twilight Company where the beginning of the Mid Rim Retreat is reflected on by Hazram Namir is set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The mention must have therefore happened in 3 ABY. The novel also states that the beginning of the Mid Rim campaign was eighteen months prior to this, which sets the beginning around 1 ABY.
- The section of Battlefront: Twilight Company where Vifra mentions joining the 61st Mobile Infantry off of Phorsa Gedd is set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The mention must have therefore happened in 3 ABY. Vifra further states that she had joined six months prior, which sets that event around the latter half of 2 ABY.
- The sections of Battlefront: Twilight Company where Phorsa Gedd is mentioned are set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The mentions must have therefore happened in 3 ABY.
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas