A picador was an individual who rode a domesticated mount beast, and kept order with mostly undomesticated beasts in a staged event, such as a fight, or an arena.
Geonosian picadors were drones who maintained control of the creatures and criminals in the Geonosis arena. The job of picador was one of the few positions of note to which a Geonosian drone could aspire. Drones of any caste could become picadors after they had proved themselves in the arena. Upon acceptance, the drones would learn the work of goading beasts and removing bodies using domesticated orrays that served as mounts during Petranaki arena events. Mounted picadors used a static pike to control beasts.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones novelization
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones junior novel
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones 4
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary (First mentioned)
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Unknown Regions
- Star Wars: Head-to-Head Tag Teams
- Star Wars: What Makes a Monster?