- "They're shutting down all the controls!"
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, during the Battle of Coruscant
The Pistoeka sabotage droid, also known as the buzz droid, was a model of sabotage droid manufactured by Colicoid Creation Nest. They were used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the later stages of the Clone Wars for purpose of disabling enemy craft and were the successor to the Mark One Pistoeka sabotage droid. They were transferred to enemy fighters via specialized discord missiles, and popped open to reveal their insect-looking body. They operated quickly, using their tools of vandalism, such as drilling cutters. While their tools were effective, the central eye was a weak spot which could take the buzz droid out of commission when hit. Eight years after the rise of the Galactic Empire, the Free Ryloth movement modified large amounts of buzz droids to explode. Stored inside modified vulture droids, they were used to attack the Imperial-class Star Destroyer Perilous over Ryloth.
During the Clone Wars, buzz droids were used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems. During a incident at Carida, a super tactical droid sent several buzz droids to destroy the remaining droids of a Venator-class Star Destroyer and D-Squad. They were then blown out a airlock into hyperspace when M5-BZ opened it. Several buzz droids attacked Jedi General Anakin Skywalker's Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor and almost disabled his ship during the Republic's Defense of Cato Neimoidia. During the Battle for Ringo Vinda, a droid gunship deployed several buzz droids to disable a shuttle and take 501st Trooper Tup for Count Dooku to examine.
During the Battle of Coruscant, several buzz droids attacked General Skywalker's and General Obi-Wan Kenobi's Eta-2 Actis-class interceptors. The buzz droids destroyed Kenobi's astromech, R4-P17, but they were finished off by Skywalker and R2-D2.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sabotage"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown"
- Dark Disciple (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Lords of the Sith
- Thrawn, Part II
- Thrawn, Part VI (Mentioned only)
- (as "buzz droids")
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Pistoeka sabotage droid)
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Expert Guide
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: A-Wing Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Droidography
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide