Pitrillistia was a remote terrestrial planet situated on the galactic periphery. It was a part of the Pitrillistia system, located in the Mieru'kar sector within the New Territories portion of the Outer Rim Territories. Pitrillistia was the homeworld of the sentient, bipedal Pitrillistian species, members of which spoke a mostly musical language produced by their small wings.
Behind the scenes
Pitrillistia was created by Desset Fabien through the "Design An Alien" competition run in the Star Wars Galaxy Magazine. The competition, launched in the magazine's third issue in April 1995, called for readers to create completely new alien species inspired by the original trilogy of Star Wars films. Fabien was nineteen years of age when he submitted his entry on the Pitrillistians, which was later published in the seventh issue in April 1996, under the "honorable mentions" section of the "16 and up" subdivision.
Lucasfilm employee Leland Chee, who maintains the Holocron continuity database, later stated that published material from the "Design An Alien" competition was considered canon with respect to the Star Wars Legends continuity. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Pitrillistia system, and therefore the planet itself, in grid square O-3.
Notes and references
- Pitrillistia system — Based on corresponding data for
- Pitrillistia system, and therefore Pitrillistia itself, in grid square O-3 as part of the Mieru'kar sector. places that section of the Mieru'kar sector in an area The Essential Atlas identifies as part of the New Territories. places the
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Pitrillistia system
- "Design An Alien" – Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 7
- "Design An Alien Contest" – Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 3