- "Here we stand, at the extremity of our exertion, having cast behind us the idols of our fathers, to once again carry to our foe the penalties due their sacrilege. Come perdition or hard vacuum, the Republic expects that every citizen will do his duty."
- ―Supreme Chancellor Contispex, Fourth Inaugural Oration
The Pius Dea Era was an era of time in the galaxy from 11,987 BBY to 10,966 BBY. During this time, the Contispex dynasty of Supreme Chancellors initiated the Pius Dea Crusades against outlying alien cultures, reversing a previous trend of cultural integration. Those under persecution fled to Hutt Space, transforming the Rimward Slice into a staging grounds for soldiers, as well as an area for war profiteers to operate. Also during this time, Ordnance/Regional Depots proliferated and were a constant reminder to those outside the Galactic Republic.
Timeline of the Pius Dea Era
- 11,987 BBY
- 11,965 BBY
- 11,947 BBY
- 11,939 BBY
- 11,933 BBY
- 11,920 BBY
- 11,884 BBY
- c. 11,820 BBY
- 11,791 BBY
- 11,708 BBY
- According to traditional Tapani historians, this is the date when the Twelve Kingdoms Era began.
- 11,707 BBY
- 11,660 BBY
- c. 11,600s BBY
- 11,591 BBY
- 11,500s BBY
- 11,198 BBY
- c. 11,100 BBY
- 11,057 BBY
- 11,000 BBY
- 10,970s BBY
- 10,967 BBY
- The Seventh Alsakan Conflict—also called the Renunciation—occurs.
- 10,966 BBY
- The Bureau of Ships and Services seed the Republic Navy with rogue navicomputer codes, which forces the Pius Dea's ships to jump randomly to hyperspace and become lost forever.
- At the Battle of Uquine, the Renunciate forces annihilate the remaining Pius Dea ships. The Jedi capture Contispex XIX aboard the Flame of Sinthara, taking him to Caamas where he stands trial and is imprisoned.
- Grand Master Biel Ductavis assumes the position of Supreme Chancellor.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Codex entry)
- The New Essential Guide to Droids (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (as Pius Dea Period)
- The Essential Atlas
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- The Essential Guide to Warfare