- "I didn't know there was this much green in the whole galaxy."
- ―Rey gazing down on the planet Takodana
Plants were a wide variety of organisms, including familiar types such as trees, herbs, bushes, grasses, vines, ferns, mosses, and green algae. Plants made up an important part of many a planet's total amount of living matter. Anaxes, for example, was covered in stunning red-colored plant life. The humid world of Felucia housed immense primitive plants, including enormous pitcher plants and leafy growths. Although the planet situated in the heart of the galaxy seemed to be barren, its heart contained floating islands teeming with luminescent plants. Plants drew sustenance from sunlight.
Some plants, like the carnivorous reeksa, could be used for their medicinal properties. The herbs of Maridun were also used as medicine by the Lurmen healers. They helped mend Anakin Skywalker's injuries when he arrived on their planet.
Certain plants were grown for ornamental purposes. For example, the Lars family used to grow purple blossoms in the courtyard of their homestead. They could also be picked in the wild and displayed at home. Rey, a scavenger on the barren desert planet Jakku, made a hobby of collecting spinebarrels and nightblossoms to display in her home in order to remind herself that there was beauty even on Jakku as long as you looked hard enough.
- Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Princess Leia: Royal Rebel
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny: Meet the Heroes
- Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope & Courage (Picture only)
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- The Last Jedi: Rose Tico: Resistance Fighter
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandor
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
Notes and referencesEdit
- Plant on Wikipedia