- "Man, droid and monarch alike is but a composite of technicalities. Enshrined by his promises."
- ―Sarsius Torne, quoting Plaristes
Plaristes was a philosopher who lived in the time before the formation of the Galactic Republic, over 25,000 years before the Battle of Yavin. In his book Of Minds, Men, and Machines, he argued that droids were incapable of attaining artificial sentience. In the years following, however, the development of increasingly sophisticated models of droids would prove him wrong, although his beliefs on the fundamental limitations of droid sentience would nonetheless remain widespread throughout the galaxy.
- SkyeWalkers: A Clone Wars Story (Mentioned only)
- (First mentioned)
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia