- "Take a moment and look around this glorious city of yours. It wasn't long ago this was all plasma mines."
- ―Sheev Palpatine
Plasma was a state of matter with unique electromagnetic properties. It was naturally present in the porous crust of Naboo, a pastoral planet located near the border of the Outer Rim Territories. Both the native Gungans and the human colonists of Naboo mined plasma from their homeworld's depths. The city of Theed itself, capital of the Nabooian humans, had once hosted many plasma mines.
Refined plasma was often used in technology. The blades of lightsabers, the signature weapons of the Jedi Knights, were made of pure plasmic energy. At the time of the Clone Wars, many weapons of Umbaran make, including the MHC tank and the hover tank, made use of plasma-based technologies. Thanks to its electromagnetic plasma cannon, the latter could decimate entire platoons of enemy soldiers with one blast. Plasma could also be projected over a chasm to form a drawbridge capable of sustaining the weight of people, ground vehicles and landspeeders. The Wookiee bowcaster made use of quarrels that were charged with highly energized plasma when fired.
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: A Galaxy at War
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 13 (Weapons & Uniforms: The Gungan Grand Army)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 22 (Databank A-Z: Gungans–Rako Hardeen)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 25 (Helmets: In Pictures)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 6 (Droid Directory: EGL Power Droids)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, New Edition
- ; image #3