A plasma grenade was a type of grenade that exerted pressurized gas similar to the Cold grenade, except it ignited into flames when it reached the outside atmosphere. This type of grenade was not very common, as it also generated a magnetic field that occasionally caused it to attach to the thrower's hand .
It is believed that the bounty hunter Calo Nord used plasma grenades, and might have even tried to use one when trying to kill the amnesiac Revan. These grenades were very rare and highly expensive, and the only military forces that used them were the Sith and certain jedi who were experienced with them.
During the Galactic Civil War, the Empire's grenadier troopers were armed with small plasma grenades. The Trandoshan bounty hunter Bossk was known to use plasma grenades in his weapon's grenade launcher attachment.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter (Mentioned only)
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
- (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Dangerous Covenants