Plastoid, or plasarmor, was the material used in the armor of the Galactic Republic's clone troopers, and later in the Imperial Stormtrooper Corps. Plastoid tubing was often used to reinforce the walls of buildings. Some of the structures in Mos Eisley on Tatooine were made from this material.
Plastoid was also used to produce sturdy chairs and other furniture, and even non-lethal slug rounds. These plastoid rounds were known to be used by the Republic's Senate Commandos for crowd control and situations where killing was undesirable. One place where chairs manufactured of this material were found was on the Galactic Alliance ship Admiral Ackbar.
Plastoid was also used as a prosthetic material. Mirta Gev was one such user who used the material to repair her broken nose.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Plastoid Armor)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Fandex Deluxe Edition
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Unknown Regions
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Suns of Fortune
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook