- "Our link to the ground is dead, sir."
"Then so is my platoon."
- ―Dreed learns that his platoon is lost
A platoon was a military unit used by the Grand Army of the Republic, the Separatist Droid Army, and the Galactic Empire's Stormtrooper Corps. In the Galactic Republic's Grand Army, each company consisted of four platoons of thirty-six soldiers, which were each divided into four squads. Each platoon was commanded by a clone lieutenant. In the Stormtrooper Corps, a platoon consisted of five squads, giving one a total of fifty stormtroopers. A company consisted of four Imperial platoons.
During the Galactic Civil War, Imperial Commander Dreed deployed a platoon of stormtroopers in a Sentinel-class landing craft to the planet Sullust in an attempt to capture Princess Leia Organa while she was trying to rescue an Alderaan Enclave located there. The platoon attacked the Alderaanians in the enclave but were defeated and killed when Organa led a herd of Rockrenders into the battle. The Sith Lord Darth Vader used a droid factory to produce two platoons of BX-series droid commandos which he then led in an assault on the research base of the scientist Doctor Cylo. One of the platoons was destroyed in the attack by the twins Morit Astarte and Aiolin Astarte, who had been enhanced by Cylo to replace Vader.
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian: Guide to Season One
- Star Wars: Battles that Changed the Galaxy
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian Handbook