- "The WEG guides are definitely worth seeking out. As an author, I reach for the Dark Empire Sourcebook, Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook, Imperial Sourcebook, Rebel Alliance Sourcebook and Platt's Smugglers Guide quite a bit."
- ―Jason Fry
Platt's Smugglers Guide is a book published by West End Games in 1997. It is a useful template/background book in the vein of Heroes and Rogues but for Smugglers or Freetraders. Platt Okeefe, the central character in the book, recounts her time becoming a smuggler. At the end of the book are several Freetrader templates.
This book exists in-universe as the Smuggler's Handbook.
Smuggling is a tough business. Most people in this profession go broke, run up huge debts to crime lords, get blasted by bounty hunters, or are captured by the Empire. Why learn this exciting trade through costly and painful errors? Platt Okeefe takes you on a guided tour of the shadowy world of gunrunners and "freelance lawbreakers" to teach you the secrets of this dangerous profession:
- Who Do You Work For? Take a look at the legitimate and criminal elements who pay smugglers to haul cargo from the Core Worlds to the Outer Rim. How did get the job…and what incriminating evidence does your employer have against you?
- How Did You Get Your Ship? Smugglers acquire their starships in a variety of ways…most burdening them with debt for the rest of their lives. Check out two of the most popular light freighters—the Corellian YT-1300 and Ghtroc 720—complete with deck plans.
- Tools of the Trade. Shop for supplies in this stockpile of gear especially useful for smugglers. You'll find everything from tools and droids to emergency equipment and cargo accessories.
- Who Do You Know? Making connections and contact networks is often the key to good business. Choose from a wide variety of entrepreneurs whose success comes in part from helping you out.
- Who's After You? Smuggling is no easy life, and—as paranoid as it sounds—people are really out to get you. You'll find a few more here, just to make your smuggling runs a little more challenging.
- Smuggler Character Templates. Tired of playing the "Smuggler" and "Wookiee First Mate" character templates? Choose from 18 new templates representing smuggler characters and crew: Wroonian Captain, Klatooinian Roustabout, Rodian Gunner, Mon Calamari Spacer, Twi'lek Co-Pilot, Mercenary Trader, Sullustan Engineer, and others!
A perfect companion to Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters!
- Chapter One: Character Development
- Chapter Two: Smuggler Origins
- Chapter Three: Your Ship
- Chapter Four: Tools of the Trade
- Chapter Five: Contacts
- Chapter Six: Rivals and Enemies
- Chapter Seven: Character Templates
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology