- "One of the first things I learned as a chef was to respect my ingredients. In most cases, that just means bringin' out the very best in every dish to maximize each component's natural flavor. But in the case of Kashyyyk's orga root, respect has gotta go a lot further than that."
- ―Strono Tuggs, The Life Day Cookbook
Plicated Orga Root was a vegetarian side dish consisting of the sliced brown root of the orga, a plant native to the forest floor of the planet Kashyyyk. The plant was revered as sacred by the Wookiee species native to Kashyyyk, who would forage for it on the day before Life Day and then consume it during the festival. Orgas had various defense mechanisms that could fend off even the strongest Wookiee but would offer their root freely to those that showed them the right amount of admiration.
Behind the scenes
Plicated Orga Root was created as a recipe for the 2021 Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook, a recipe book written by Jenn Fujikawa and Marc Sumerak. The out-of-universe recipe uses russet potatoes, sweet potatoes, unsalted butter, avocado oil, a garlic clove, grated parmesan cheese, onion powder, salt, paprika, black pepper, and minced fresh parsley.
- Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook
- Collapse of the Republic
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook establishes that the in-universe book was published at the same time as when the First Order was searching for the Resistance base on Batuu. As that search occurs in Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire, which is set in 34 ABY according to the reasoning here, the cookbook must have been published in 34 ABY.