- "'Batuu: home to ancient ruins and giant petrified black trees.' 'Umme: galaxy-class hunting.' 'Yakorki: wide selection of edible wild fungi.' 'Mokivj: ten moons, beautiful sunsets.' 'Plood: majestic seascapes.' It's like they pulled these out of travel brochures."
- ―Anakin Skywalker, to Thrawn
Plood was a location that sat along a hyperspace route that started at the planet Batuu and terminated at the planet Cermau, both located in the Outer Rim Territories. Plood was notable for its seascapes, which were described as majestic in the datafiles aboard the Separatist freighter Larkrer. When Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and Chiss Ascendancy Commander Thrawn investigated the freighter on Batuu in 19 BBY, they looked upon the datafiles to try and deduce where a Separatist base which the Larkrer's crew had been supplying may be located. Skywalker read the descriptions of Plood and a number of other locations along the hyperspace route and remarked that they sounded like they had been pulled out of travel brochures.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Thrawn: Alliances (First mentioned, simultaneous with Thrawn: Alliances audiobook)
- Thrawn: Alliances audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Thrawn: Alliances
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
- The events of Thrawn: Alliances in which Plood is mentioned are set during the Clone Wars, after the trial and exoneration of Ahsoka Tano. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates both the end of the Clone Wars and Tano's trial to the year 19 BBY. Therefore, the mention of Plood must also take place in 19 BBY.