- "Ever heard of a pluripleq? Fascinating little beast. Bioengineered. Only a few ever made."
- ―Cornelius Evazan
A pluripleq was a bioengineered non-sentient tentacled creature which had the ability to change its appearance, similar to a changeling. Though they were rare, at least one was held in a biofarm on Thannt. Doctor Cornelius Evazan, evading his many death sentences, infiltrated the biofarm and stole a pluripleq, wearing it on his face to disguise himself and using the name "Lopset Yas". While Evazan was a prisoner aboard Accresker Jail, the pluripleq was detected when "Lopset" and Chelli Aphra were scanned by Dek-Nil, but the extra lifeform was put down to a technological error. When the shapeshifting abilities of the pluripleq were accidentally revealed to Aphra, Evazan pretended that he was a changeling himself. He later used the pluripleq to disguise himself as Princess Leia Organa while hiring Nokk and Winloss to hunt down Aphra and 0-0-0, but Nokk could tell that it was a disguise.
Behind the scenesEdit
The pluripleq first appeared—as the face of "Lopset Yas"— in the 2018 canon comic Doctor Aphra 20: The Catastrophe Con, Part I, written by Simon Spurrier and illustrated by Kev Walker. It was not identified as such until Doctor Aphra 25: The Catastrophe Con, Part VI, also written by Spurrier and illustrated by Walker.
- Doctor Aphra 20: The Catastrophe Con, Part I (First appearance)
- Doctor Aphra 21: The Catastrophe Con, Part II
- Doctor Aphra 22: The Catastrophe Con, Part III
- Doctor Aphra 23: The Catastrophe Con, Part IV
- Doctor Aphra 24: The Catastrophe Con, Part V
- Doctor Aphra 25: The Catastrophe Con, Part VI (First identified as Pluripleq)
- Doctor Aphra 27: Worst Among Equals, Part II
- Doctor Aphra 30: Worst Among Equals, Part V (Indirect mention only)